Site Services & Facilities Manager
Location: South Molton
Job Type: Permanent
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company with more than 60 facilities in Canada, the United States and Europe. From responsibly sourced and sustainably managed forest resources, the company produces lumber, engineered wood (OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, particleboard), and other products including pulp, newsprint, wood chips and renewable energy.
Our UK-manufactured products are used extensively in the construction, DIY and furniture sectors. Our brands, SterlingOSB Zero, CaberFloor and CaberWood MDF, are well known in the construction industry and are commonly specified by architects, national housebuilders and specifiers. Our North Devon site in South Molton distributes kitchen units (flat packed and assembled) to over 100+ sites across the UK.
We are proud that as a certified net carbon negative company we lock up more carbon in our products than we emit making them, helping the UK construction sector comply with net zero targets and beyond.
Main purpose of the position
Management, supervision and execution of maintenance functions within Site Services and Facilities. Interacting with operations to provide an efficient and high level of service whilst providing the highest standard of job quality, timeliness and safety. Includes regular maintenance jobs, preventive and predictive maintenance as well as planned shutdowns.
- Management of site wide support facilities including (but not limited to) buildings, welfare facilities, space heating systems, extraction systems, fire protection, process heat energy generation systems, environmental compliance equipment (WESP), compressed air generation, water supply/treatment network, compliance with company insurer requirements (eg lifting equipment, compliance with company property conservation manual).
- Management of workload within the department to ensure satisfactory job completion in line with safety, quality, timescale and cost expectations. Verification that work is compliant with company standards, procedures and health and safety regulations.
- Creation, modification and execution of Departmental scheduled work (eg PM’s), auditing compliance with schedule & report deficiencies.
- Perform field inspections to define work required, along with any necessary control paperwork (eg work procedures, hazard assessment, risk assessment) for work orders as appropriate.
- Ensure Management of Change process is adhered to as appropriate.
- Audit work undertaken by the department to verify compliance with all relevant systems and standards.
- Planning and organisation of any labour, tools, parts, hire plant needed to successfully complete tasks to a high standard – right first time.
- Management and control of CMMS/work orders within the department. Review compliance to planned maintenance schedules.
- Management/supervisory skills, experience of successfully managing a team essential.
- Strong continuous process maintenance or relevant operations manufacturing experience essential.
- Experience of maintenance management systems (CMMS), data generation, organising,
- cleansing, and formatting desirable.
- Good core IT skills to allow competent usage of MS Office and Company IT systems
- Strong process/analytical skills for root cause, fault finding purposes.
- Ability to multi-task and cope with flexible workload as situation requires.
- Ability to understand technical process documentation/process schematics.
- Must be comfortable and effective dealing with all levels of an organisation.
If this position sounds like the career for you, get in touch with Sharon Murray via email at [email protected].